Anniversary wishes for Snigdha

Snigdha

This day 49 years back you came to my life. We enjoyed our days in Mumbai through participation in various activities with our friends, relations and acquaintances. You often said that God had blessed us with two beautiful, caring and dutiful daughters and a wonderful life which we enjoyed thoroughly for so many days. So, u said, if we had to part from this world there would be no regret. God probably listened and snatched you away from me without notice. It was so unexpected to us (and even to you), that still I can not still come out of the memories you left behind. 

With our age growing we often discussed what would happen to other when one would leave this world. You said if you would die first I would have problem to adjust. You were right. In fact my dependence on you was much more than yours on me. Your departure has left me desolate and bereft. When I look around I see the widows adjust to their single life much better than widowers and I am no different.

Two programmes you wanted to celebrate are my 80 years birthday and our Golden Jubilee Anniversary. We sometimes discussed on this when I commented that it would happen only if we could survive till then. But it was beyond my imagination that my statement would come true and you would not be able to enjoy the celebrations and would leave so abruptly to immerse me in grief and despair.

Snigdha, wherever you are enjoy the day. Happy Anniversary Don't worry, I shall offer you flowers as usual.

May the Almighty bless your departed soul.



Comments

Popular Posts