Shyamal

Nine months past Snigdha left us.i am still submerged in her thoughts. Whenever I am alone and not doing anything, like bedtime I reminisce small incidents during our happy days Even sometimes she appears in my dream. I participate in everything including rehearsals for the plays but carefully avoid anything connected with our Durga Puja. Last year puja and diwali were miserable time for me. it

While everyone is still not able to forget her unexpected demise there are two more deaths in our extended family. Nishithda's passing though unfortunate may be accepted as he was of ripe age of 84+. But Shyamal's death is simply unbearable. . Not only he was only 65 years old, but also a leading neurologist of Kolkata. 

His area of research was 'Stroke' and irony of fate was that he was the victim of Cerebral attack. Shyamal was very close to me as whenever we visited Kolkata we stayed with Shyamal and Chhotu for major duration. That was a lovely phase of our life spending good time with Shyamal. In our needs, medical or otherwise he always came to our help. When Snigdha was in hospital, Shyamal came all the way from Kolkata to see her despite his busy schedule. It is a great shock for me to lose for ever a brother and a friend like him.

Comments

Popular Posts