Birthday

10th August. Today is Snigdha's Birthday. Had she been alive, would have been 72 years old. I have offered her flowers as I used to do every year on her Birthday and Anniversary. I remember last year I did not handover myself but ordered on the shop to deliver. It was a surprise to her when she received it and I enjoyed the expression on her face. I did not imagine that was the last time she received it personally. Birthdays and Anniversaries would come and go, but she is lost for ever. Like her Anniversary, Birthday is also remembered by her friends, who have called today and shared my grief. Snigdha was loved by all, whoever she met remembered her sweet and soft nature..Her departure is personal loss for me and agony for all her close friends who still miss her.

She loved her grandsons beyond bound. They also loved her very much. Girik is a little reserved but even then used to cuddle and hug his Doda whenever he came to her, even on the hospital bed. Arhan is more expressive, and opens his mind to show his fondness to her. When I went to Chennai with Tushi and Arhan, I asked him one day how many grandparents were here. He replied four. I asked how meaning that we were three, Tata, Pati and Dadu (me). He promptly replied 'one in the heart'. I was caught off-guard, I never expected such a reply from a kid of 4years old. Such was the love he stored in his heart for his Dida.

I can not wish MANY HAPPY RETURNS today, but only pray for the departed soul to remain BLESSED forever.


Comments

Popular Posts