Old emails

I don't know how I got stuck reading some old emails today. Emails from my parents dating back to 2010. One that stuck out was a trip that Ma made to Tamil Nadu with her friends. First Baba wrote about her going on this trip. Then there was a chat transcript where he was worried about how he would contact her while she was away for two weeks without him.

She had clearly never been away from him for a long time in the post cell-phone era.

The next email was from her. She mentioned how she was going to visit my in-laws. And how Baba had got her a new cell phone. And how Ashish kaku had passed away that day.
And another one of Madhusudhan Kaku passing away. And how she got her kidneys tested right after. It is ironic that 7 years later those kidneys gave way.

I have my last 7 years summarized in chat and email form with my parents. We subsequently moved to Whatsapp in 2015. I have no one else, I feel that will be interested in the mundaneness of my life - which project I was on, what apartment I rented, what food I cooked for my husband and which friends we met.

3/8/2010

"hi tushi
tumi akhon kemon acho .appt thik ki holo ami 10th ev start korbo .aj mor chandru ph korechilen ami hoteler nam and amar no diache we will stay 11th at mahabali puram. next mor about 11am  we will leave the hotel .he told he will meet me in mor .he told about 1hr fm their place.ami bollam ato kosto na korte still he told he will  be coming aj asish amader chere chole galo. baba gave me a cell no 9930633551 ar ki valo theko amar ador o valobasa neo tomra
ma"

More messages from Baba, worried mostly about how he would survive those two weeks without her.

3/9/2010

Dear Tushi,
when you smsed, we were at Ashiskaku's house. Ma came back home but I spent the whole day till 4.30pm with Samudra and Sagarika at the crematorium. Can u make it tomorrow morning (India)? Ma is leaving tomorrow evening.I have to think how I spend the time during those 2 weeks.
Love
Baba

7/8/10

10:22 AM Asoke: tumi ki line achoma

15 minutes
10:38 AM me: hi
  achi
10:39 AM Asoke: ami ma bolchi
10:40 AM me: bujechi
  ki korcho
 Asoke: disturb hochenato
10:41 AM ami bong and hindi serial dekchi arki
10:42 AM me: na kaaj korchi ektu ektu chat korchi
  good
  shorir bhalo ache to
10:43 AM Asoke: ur kitchen is not set up
 me: not fully but functional now
 Asoke: eating out
10:44 AM sorir thik ache
  sugar normal kidny under control
10:45 AM me: very good!!
  enjoy korcho
  yeah eating out
  yest we bought food to make today
  acha good news
  i found bengali dabba lady
  she will supply once to twice a week
  1 veg 1 non veg
  i told her to make all bangali veggies
10:46 AM like posto, potol echor etc.
10:47 AM Asoke: modhusudanke dekhe creatine test koralam
  khub valo
 me: acha sonchali mashi kamon ache
10:48 AM Asoke: oi dabbai thik kore phalo
10:49 AM see is very strong not like me
10:50 AM he was addmited fr checkup
10:51 AM then problem started one after another
10:54 AM thik ache kaj koro tour theke ferar por kotha hobe
10:57 AM me: so sad
  thikache
  i'll try skyping tom morning
  bye for now
  lot of work
7.21.10
11:19 AM me: hi baba
 Asoke: hi
11:20 AM u r in office
11:21 AM me: im in walmart office today till friday
 Asoke: where
11:22 AM me: arkansas
 Asokema is right. she told that you were going this weekend
11:23 AM me: i told u on fbook
 Asoke: i know.
11:24 AM but i didnt remember. ma did

Comments

Popular Posts