“July 3 whatsapp message: Friday lunch with ma,baba,what u want,muttonjhole and fish,sunday lunch all of us with luchi.”

But we didn’t have any luchi. I fell ill. But she took care of me. Then she took me to the airport and bid me goodby. 

She made mutton and fish. She invited friends. It was a merry time but she could scarcely eat. 

I went to to doctor with her. I wondered at how many doctors she saw. It was a gamut. She seemed to be on top of it all. And on top of mutton and fish to be made. Didn’t let on how ill she was. 

****

At first the snow falls slowly - this pain - in the form of tears - not unlike the first snowfall. Hard and heavy and wet. 

Then it turns into a frozen tundra. Not as much snow as ice that takes over your life. Less precipitation but the permafrost takes hold underneath the ground, this pain. 

Comments

Popular Posts