Our life together

Whenever I go to Sea Breeze where we two were staying till Snigdha got sick, I feel depressed. Whatever I see there I feel the touch of Snigdha. Snigdha and I had shared household jobs nicely. Morning puja I was doing, she in the evening. Morning breakfast was her job, evening tea mine. She was handling maids, doing monthly purchases of spices, rice, oil etc, which she did this month also without knowing that she would not live to use them.  I was buying vegetables, fish meat etc and stacking them in the fridge. She was warming food for lunch and dinner and I was laying the table and after food cleaning the table. Recently I was sharing some of her work as she was not keeping well. When friends visited we used to discuss how to entertain them. A get-together was arranged,  initiated by her only, which we all enjoyed together. We jointly decided the menu. We were spending nice time together with lots of joy and happiness. I could not ever imagine that she would leave us for ever within two months of the get-together..
I used to tease her by asking for Bhajia or Luchi. 'Since you have a cook, you should utilise her for special items rather than normal dal-chaol'  I said. She was not willing as the cook used too much oil to fry. One day the cook told her that she should sometimes allow me to taste these items as I was old and nobody knew how long I would live. Both of us laughed at this comment. Might be because of this I was allowed Bhajia and Luchi but Snigdha only cooked them for me. Of course I helped her by frying Luchi.
I used to offer flowers to her on every birthday and wedding anniversary. These were never costly ones. But she gracefully accepted every time and kept in the vase. I could make out how happy she was to get them. This year instead of bringing myself, I ordered on the florist. When it was delivered in the early morning, she wondered who sent it. When she saw my name, she said ' oh it is you' and her face was full of joy, I silently enjoyed it. I did not know that was the last chance  I got to offer her flowers.

Comments

Popular Posts