Girik and Doda

Girik has written a piece to dedicate to his Doda. Straight from the heart. Girik was a darling to Doda since his birth. Many a time she ignored her other engagements including get-togethers to attend to Girik when he needed her. Not a single birthday of his she ever missed including this year's. She fell sick only after 4 days of attending his 14th birthday.

Girik came 4 to 5 times to see Doda in the hospital. Every time he came he gave a big hug while leaving. Last time when he came, he brought his maths book to study. I reached there some time later and saw him playing video game. I asked whether he was supposed to study instead. Before he replied doda said ' I have told him to play for half an hour on my phone.' Girik played for just half an hour and started his study. I was the witness. Such was the power of his love towards Doda. While leaving he again embraced Doda for a longer time. Doda kissed him. That was the last kiss she gave to her beloved. I silently enjoyed the scene without knowing that her end would come soon.

Girik came to see Doda in the ICU when she was in coma. I do not know what played in his mind when he saw her in that condition. But he was without emotion. After Snigdha expired, one evening I embraced Girik and started crying. He just stared at me, even did not try to console me. Another time I asked him ' are you missing doda' he said ' very much'. Nothing more.

He has opened his heart out while writing about Doda. He silently enjoyed all her love and affection till she was alive. He endured the grief also silently within himself without showing any emotion. 


Comments

Popular Posts