Always thinking of others 

Ma’s world only revolved around her family. She only worried about what we did, how we were, what would happen to us, what we thought etc etc.

During her time in the hospital, Kedar and I tried to avoid my baba staying the night in the hospital (though he was ever ready to stay there). So mostly Kedar or me stayed the night.

One night when I was staying, her issues with her kidneys has started (we didn’t know the gravity of the situation then). So the entire time, instead of passing urine, she kept passing stool. That night, she needed to pass stool some 5-6 times. 

But in all that discomfort that she was facing, she was only thinking of me. How my sleep was being disturbed, how I should go home, how would I go to work the next day. At 4am when one more time the nurse needed to be called, she pleaded me “mou tui badi ja... tor ghumer mushkil hocche... aami theek acchi”... I of course didn’t listen to her but I hated the fact that she was so apologetic about her health with me.

If I get an ounce of her attitude of thinking about others, I will be a better person. My lovely Ma. 


Comments

Popular Posts