Destiny

It is a myth that prayer can save someone's life. One of my friends said that when you are born, your expiry date is written on your forehead. Almighty does it and even He has no power to change the date. I saw a Tele-film whose hero got a magic crystal which empowered him to get next days newspaper on previous day. With its help he could come to know next days market prices in advance and could invest money in the right places. He became very rich and a renowned person in the locality. One day he saw his photograph in the obituary column in next days paper, He and his whole family tried their best to save him but all in vain. His destiny he could not change despite having all his resources.

I prayed for Snigdha's speedy recovery since the day she got admitted to hospital. All our relations gave puja in her name at all the holy places including Kalighat Kali Temple and Dakshineswar Bhabatarini temple. When I was praying in front of Ma Kali at Notunpalli puja, I saw tears in Ma's eyes. It might be an illusion, might be light fell on her eyes which gave that impression, but it gave rise to a great shock and despair in my heart. I continued my prayers even after but had a feeling that Ma was telling me not to pray as it was not in her hand to alter her inevitable. 

Comments

Popular Posts